- United States of America – In Arizona, the San Carlos Apache reservation has been a major producer of peridot for many years.
- Egypt – Extremely large peridot crystals have been found on the Isle of Zabargad off Egypt’s coast.
- Tanzania – Rough peridot can be found in the Mpwapwa region of Tanzania.
- Pakistan – The country of Pakistan is known for producing high quality, large peridot crystals.
- Myanmar – Pyaunggaung is a sizable peridot mining area close to the larger city of Mogok in Myanmar.
- Vietnam – Located in southern Vietnam, the Lam Dong Province is an ample resource of large carat peridot crystals.
- China – China has become a large supplier of the calibrated peridots used in jewelry today.
If you are fortunate enough to have a special tie to the month of August, let us at Knox Jewelers help you custom create a one-of-a-kind piece to showcase a beautiful vibrant green Peridot in celebration of any occasion. For centuries, rich colored Peridot has been linked to light. Ancient Egyptians even called this precious stone the “gem of the sun”. In modern times, Peridot is currently being mined within one of the sunniest states within the United States, in the deserts of Arizona. Any custom piece of jewelry could be tailored to incorporate this unusual olive-green birthstone. The possibility are endless with a mineral found in such large crystal formations, allowing nearly an shape or size finished faceted stone. A Knox Jewelers custom created piece, featuring a beautiful peridot is the perfect way to showcase this vibrant gemstone. Contact us today and let’s get started. We can always search our cutters’ inventory for your perfect gemstone, or we have a selection of incredible peridots already available just waiting to be transformed!